Frequently Asked Questions
Select your question type to jump to the section below:
- Do you take Medicare, Medicaid and VA and what other types of insurances do you take? Answer: Yes. The private pay rate for a room at the facility is $345/day (approximatly $10,500/month). The Beechwood Home also accepts Ohio Medicaid, VA Contracts and MyCare Ohio Aetna/Molina insurance to cover this expense.
- What types of insurance are accepted at the facility? Answer: Medicare, Medicaid and VA. Additional information: Hamilton County is included in the MyCare Ohio demonstration program, which pertains to those dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid. Current providers are Aetna and Molina.
- What is your Nurse staffing ratio? Answer: Varies throughout the day depending upon which shift it is.
- Can residents use their own MD while in the Nursing Home? Answer: Yes, there is a protocol of approval to allow individuals to keep their own MD. However this is not feasible for most individuals as their current doctor cannot comply with requirement to be available all 24/7.
- Are RN’s on duty 24hr/day? Answer: Yes
- Do you have therapy services? Answer: Yes - Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy.
- Does the facility accommodate special diets? Answer: The facility offers a variety of specialized diets as it pertains to texture and consistency, as well as, low sodium, low calorie and low sugar. The facility will consult with potential residents to discuss gluten free and vegetarian diet preferences.
- Can personal items or valuables be brought into the facility? Answer: Residents and families are encouraged to personalize their room with pictures, plants, mementos, and other items to make for a homey atmosphere. We discourage residents from keeping valuable items, such as expensive jewelry and large sums of money, in their rooms. The facility cannot take responsibility for such items.
- What types of activities do you offer? Answer: A wide range of activities are offered at the facility. Please see the Activities page for more information.
- Do you have a beauty shop on the premises? Answer: Yes
- How do I get my laundry done? Can my family members take my Laundry home to do? Answer: We have an in-house laundry facility, but families can choose to take their loved ones laundry home.
- Do you offer food preferences at meals? Answer: Alternates are available for each meal if a resident is not keen on the item for a specific meal.
- Is there a resident council that I/my loved one can participate in? Answer: Yes. Meetings occur once a month.
- Is there a telephone or cable in the rooms? If so, who pays for them? Answer: Cable is provided by the facility. Residents bring their own TVs, optional wall mount, 4 point preferred. Phone and internet are available through Cincinnati Bell. This is not an included service.
- What services are available without leaving the building, such as dental care, vision care, podiatry services, hearing services, hair/beauty salon? Answer: All of the above services are offered in the facility.
- How do you transport residents to appointments? The facility contracts with a local ambulance company for transportations needs. Family members also have the option to transport loved ones via private vehicles (as appropriate).
- Are religious services offered? Answer: Yes. We offer services for several denominations.
- Can visitors join loved ones for meals? Answer: For a minimal charge visitors may join us for meals, please just notify the staff. Visitors are also able to bring food into the facility to consume with a resident.
- Are your exterior doors locked? Answer: All exterior doors to our facility are locked. This gives us the ability to monitor our building so that we can be sure of who enters, exits and is in our facility at all times. We also have both interior and exterior cameras and a security guard onsite to ensure the safety of our residents, their families and our staff.
Do you offer support groups? Answer: Yes, several support groups are offered in-house, see activity calendar for details.
How many beds do you have? Answer: The facility has a maximum capacity for 80 residents. Rooms consist of 76 private rooms and 2 semi-private rooms.
How should mail be addressed and where is the facility located? Answer: Beechwood is located in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati Ohio (directions)
Mail should be addressed as:
The Beechwood Home
Attn: _______________ Room No. ____
2140 Pogue Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45208
How does Beechwood differ from other nursing homes?
Are you currently hiring? Answer: Yes, see Careers at Beechwood
Do you accept volunteers? Answer: Yes, see Volunteering at Beechwood
Is smoking permitted in the facility? Answer: No, Beechwood is a smoke free facility which means there is no smoking in the facility or anywhere on the premises.
What are visiting hours? Answer: There are no formal visiting hours at the facility. We encourage family members to visit whenever their schedule permits. The facility does ask that visitors take note of the time and keep noise at a minimum during sleeping hours.
Is there any event space available for personal use? Answer: Yes, for a minimal fee.
Is Beechwood a for-profit or non-profit organization? Answer: The Beechwood Home is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, long-term care skilled nursing facility. We offer the area’s most comprehensive services for a wide range of neurodegenerative, cerebral vascular, spinal cord, and other medical conditions; i.e. Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and Huntington’s. We specialize in providing high quality, long-term care together with advanced rehabilitation and restorative services, as well as therapeutic and recreational activities that the optimized functionality and quality of life for our residents.
Can I bring my children to visit? Answer: Children of all ages can visit anytime.
Can I bring a family pet to the facility for a visit? Answer: We would love for your family pet to come visit. Please remember to clean up after them and take the proper safety measures at all times. All pets are to be kept on a leash and should have all current vaccinations.